UPDATE!!

There have been a few things happening recently. Though I’ve been  trying to keep up with the journal entries for both the Mic Check Exhibition and Tattoo Seminar, but with so much happening so quickly, this overall update was needed.

Firstly, I spoke to the person-in-charge for Art Stock about selling copies of my book there. Ms Morrison, the one in charge, was thrilled at the idea and even suggested a reading take place at the store as a means of introducing the book to an audience. I thought this was a great idea and will do so after the show, maybe in April, or even at the start of the new semester.

DSC_0103

Speaking of the book, I’ve already started the recording for the audio aspect of the Exhibition that the dancers will be performing to. Of course, I couldn’t afford a big professional studio, so I opted for a make-shift one that someone has in their bedroom.

DSC_0123

DSC_0124.JPGSo far I’ve recorded four poems and they sound pretty good, considering I don’t like the sound of my own voice. However, this experience is a lot more comfortable and the poems do turn out the way I would like them to. There is a problem with outside sounds affecting the recording, but that is outside of our control.

DSC_0125

Also, I have finally been able to go through the layout and design of the venue for the exhibition. It has become a lot more work than I expected, but that was mostly due to the lack of availability of the space at the time. Now that we have a better understanding of the space and what we will need, we can better plan for those things.

At this time, I have hit a great milestone in the progress of my show and I am quite proud. With the help of my sister, who designed most things, I have completed some prints for the show!

DSC_0147

Programmes, flyers, business cards and tickets have all been printed. Waiting on shirts and invites before everything is complete, but it’s still progress.

 

Now on to the seminar. I’ve taken a look at the room to further develop the layout and design of the venue, got two out of three speakers confirmed and have a mediator confirmed for the seminar. It’s not as much progress as I would have liked to have made, but it’s progress. Now I will be working on the printing of the equivalent material needed for the seminar. Once that is done, I think I’ll be in a good place.

 

A few more weeks and these two projects will come to life. Honestly, I can’t wait, but I’m also a bit overwhelmed by the volume of work I need to do and the lack of help I’m getting from those I’ve put in place to help. Still, the help I am getting, is more than enough to keep all of us afloat. Not to mention, I’m learning a lot about who to trust for help.

Thanks for the support and patients of everyone around me.

Advertisements

So Far… – Journl (day6)

I’ve barely done anything, that’s just due to a bit of stress from doing the show and seminar at once. Measured the seminar room so I can make sure my décor can be better planned. I got one more speaker and a moderator for the seminar. Trying to find contact info for Campbell but that is just not working. Can’t find him anywhere online. Again…I digress.

I do, however, have someone interested in being moderator for the seminar – Ms Deiter. She has expressed her desires and requested to meet in person to get a better idea of the seminar and what she will be required to do. I will also be taking this opportunity to speak with Dr. Campbell before that meeting as it has become known to me that he should be on campus at that time.

Making Changes…ANNOUNCEMENT

After much thought and a bit of help in learning more of how the site works, I have decided to make some changes on the site to make for better and more cohesive interactions. I have changes the theme, added pages for each respective project and posted journal entries on related pages.

Journal entries have now been separated into posts for the Final Year Show and posts for the Final Year Seminar. Hope all this makes it a bit easier for you to browse the blog. Thank you for your continued support.

– blackafrique